Being Back In School

Being Back In School

Yaquelyn Vanegas , Staff Writer

I’ve been in school for a month or maybe more. I wanted to tell you guys at home what it’s like. We also had a fire drill today so I’ll tell you about that too. It’s been great and just so you know I’m in 6th grade. I learned how to use a combination lock so if the 6th graders at home go back to school next year when they’re  in 7th grade they will learn also. It is kind of tiring having to keep on wiping down the tables and chairs before going to the next class. In most of my classes I have to use a laptop and then close it so I can easily go to my classes than open it and sign in over again, but I sign in fast so it’s not much of a problem. In the morning you get your badge checked then you get your temperature checked. Then you go to your locker then go to your class. You do have to stay 6 feet apart though. You also can’t really talk to your friends because there’s no lunch, which is sad.  There are not too many students back right now. In my first class there are 3 and my other classes have 4 or 5 or 3 students and my last class has 1 or 2 students.

I do prefer being at school over online learning though and I feel like I’m learning more. The fire drill is basically the same, but it was raining today so some people got to get their sweaters while others had to go outside in the rain also before that there was a surprise fire drill, and some people were outside and had to go back in maybe even wet. In person is definitely better than online though and maybe next year we will all be in person.